Once I was dead!!!

I died on a lonely Saturday night,
after eating Panner Tikka & Tomato Rice.
Since the day next was a Sunday,
at least a few, whom I knew,
dressed in white, came to see my last sight!

I lay calmly on my modest bed,
covered in a blue blanket up the chest.
Closed were my eyes,
and my face wore a troubled smile.

“Buba” my Best Good Friend,
with whom once I was partner in a fishing business,
was the first person to arrive,
and remembered the “War War” game we both played as a child.

Then came the old frowning pagan,
Whom I owe a debt of a thousand,
was sad by face, as I am no more,
the one who could only afford to pay him the Interest,
not the Sum for ever.

At the very end “SHE” came!!!
With her husband – the ugliest man in the world alive.
I knew she missed me,
Because, when alive,
 I too missed her,
and sang many a popular sad Hindi number.

As they all prepared for “The Last Rite”,
a sound was heard from my right,
I woke up to the sound,
Puzzled to find myself dreaming,

While the alarm kept on ringing.


(Wrote this poem back in 2011 when I felt really bored that day)

Comments

Popular Posts