Ahe Dayamaya Viswa Bihari ( O merciful lord of the universe!)

 "Ahe Dayamaya Viswa Bihari" is a very popular prayer of Odia schools. Written by a great teacher, Ramakrushna Nanda. It is a prayer to the merciful God, to imbibe humane nature in us. It is a translated poetic English version for Non Odia readers to understand the significance of the prayer.


O merciful lord of the universe!
Thy glory art in all lands, seas, forests, and summits!
With kindness I offer my wish.
Illuminate my mind with wisdom,
Lead my path in the right direction.

Maketh my act simpler,
And my smiles ever with cheers!
My devotions art on thy feet,
when I am midst of any crisis!
blesseth me with patience and grit.

Help me distance from the deceitful,
And from the wrong doers,
Help me find good friends and be their followers.
May merciful and humility becomes my nature,
'never a reason, for someone’s failure!

Power my hands and my legs,
For them to help the needful and oppressed!
Let I die, for the truth to thrive,
Never resorting to deception and lies.

Let me comprehend all these,
For I desire not of wealth and comforts,
But desire to be at thy service, 
ever at thy feet!



Comments

Popular Posts