A Rose Plant


Small and tender, displayed the vendor

at the road side; ‘Saplings for sale’.

I bought a rose plant.

Green and violet were its leaflets.

Thorns were there, but just for name.


Like a baby, in mothers’ hand,

I carried the plant to my home.

Near the window, where it I planted,

Watered it daily, as the morning rays touches.

It grew like a hope, as grows in my mind,

It grew like the love, as grows in my heart.


And one day a ‘bud’ came.

So subtle and gentile, like a child with a smile.

I shunned everything, even to drink and dine,

just to see the flower blossom.

Slowly……….

like secrets are reveled,

mysteries are solved,

It turned to into a beauty,

That I can never forget.



Comments

sareeta said…
mysterious and mystical............innocent yet magical :)

Popular Posts